Hey everybody!
Well---the MTC is just flying by. less than one week left. I'm not gonna lie I've gotten a little frustrated with the rest of my district. But that was only for a couple days. They weren't really using their time productively. And driving away the Spirit at times. But----an awesome talk by none other than Richard G. Scott last night kinda kicked em back into gear. it was awesome. He spoke on how to recognize promptings of the Spirit. Also, how to recognize it. "how do we know these promptings are from the mind or from the Spirit?" "it doesn't matter" he said. He also invoked the gift of tongues upon everyone watching in the gym.--there are like 2500 kids here i think. Then he invoked a blessing of protection on everyone. it was powerful. Then he testified of his belief in Christ. His talk was awesome. You don't always remember everything people say. But you remember how you felt. There were many thoughts to my mind, and many feeling to my heart that night. That was the Spirit. After he finished, i went outside with my companion and waited for him to drive off. But Elder Scott came up to us, i was like 10 feet away from him talking to us missionaries. It was pretty cool being so close to one of the 12.
I printed out a bunch of pictures today. I'll be sending some to you guys. Well, i got 7 min. left to send this email. I just want to say that I am so thankful for this Church. It's true. I've found out for myself and i know that you can find out for yourself. I've had reconfirmations many times. This gospel in the ONLY way to find true happiness. Here, and in the life to come. I think about Ally and Pauline a lot. Their decisions to follow Christ is such an example. I could see the light in their eyes after their baptisms. I can't wait to see those changes in the people of San Diego. I love you all very much, i pray for you. love,
Elder Lewis
p.s. WRITE ME and I'll write you back :-p
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Elder Lewis is so caring. He really will write you back if you write to him!
ReplyDelete