I got a postcard from Ben. He is living on Imperial Beach, San Diego. His apartment balcony literally looks out on the ocean. He takes his morning runs on the beach. His first morning there he saw a pod of dolphins swimming off shore! He is living on Seacoast Dr. not far from a long pier. Here is the link if you want to see where he lives.
http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4ADBS_enUS326US326&q=imperial+beach+san+diego&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Imperial+Beach,+CA&gl=us&ei=LCG8SsniB8XR8AaFxK2SDg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1
Ben wrote:
"Tijuana is a few miles away. I can see it where ever I go. Latinos are so nice. We're not really having a hard time finding people. Missionaries always have referrals for the Spanish Elders. We're teaching a few people right now, but only a couple are progressing. I can sometimes understand most everything. But when I talk and stuff, it's usually very simple. But there's nothing wrong with that. My companion had me bearing my testimony and stuff the first day. Good thing I know some Spanish and I could do it. Yesterday at church, I blessed the sacrament in Spanish. The branch is only 3 weeks old now. Anyways, the work is good. I know this is where I'm supposed to be right now.
Ben
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment