Monday, July 25, 2011

I’m Running to the End!

7/19

Well---yep I got transferred. toooo Ramona, CA haha--it's a little town. But I’m def here for a reason. I was kinda disappointed when they transferred me for my last transfer...cause I’m pretty far from everything else :(--far from friends, far from recent converts and members :(

However...remember when I was going to byu-idaho?? Well during spring break Thomas and I came down here for it. And we stayed here...haha in Ramona, California ---with his grandma and aunt and uncle! And I saw them at church Sunday. It was way cool. I didn't know where we had stayed when we came down...but I recognized their faces. And started talking to me, and they recognized me! haha. Then Thomas' grandma played the piano at our baptism Sunday. And Thomas is going to be here next week and we’re going to hang out p-day and go over to their house to eat! haha awesome huh??

But don’t' think I’m trunky I’m not. I don't think. I got here and the elders had just had like 4 baptisms. A few weeks before. And those were the first baptisms that they'd had here in over a year! woooow long time.

Well I got here and we didn't have anyone with a baptismal date. Sunday we had a baptism!---7 people at church, 6 with baptismal dates and 8 progressing investigators! Crazy huh! From zeros to huge numbers. The Lord has really blessed us. This is going to be an awesome last transfer.

My companions name is Elder Hill. He's from Colorado. He's been out like 7 months. So still kinda new. But he's a really good elder. Hard working and really humble. He's says he's learning a ton. I'm his 2nd companion so I guess I’m following up training him.

Things are going awesome and that being able to see Thomas again is way cool. We'll actually be able to talk this time. He's gonna be living like 10 minutes away. haha.

Anyways I love you all and I’m way happy and enjoying my time here in the mission. Even though it's running short I’m running to the end!

Love,
Elder Lewis

1 comment: