Hey Everyone--i don't really have much time.
I'm a Spanish missionary now haha--so yeah. We live on the beach. We started a new branch two weeks ago. Called the Rio Otay Branch. I blessed the sacrament in Spanish my first day. I live in Imperial Beach. the area is called Chula Vista. There's a big film crew down here for the church. they recorded zone conference yesterday. It was weired having a camera right all up in yo face. I had to pinch myself to keep a straight face and all. It's for the new movie they'll be showing at the MTC. Will would know the last one. Called "The District" so it's kinda a big deal. So we need to be the example for the MTC and the rest of the missionaries of the world.
I'm trying my best down here. but my Spanish is eh...I'm learning though little by little. Latinos are so humble and nice. I feel for the English missionaries in my district who got switched and don't know ANY Spanish. My companion is Elder Virrueta. He's from Peru. We get along very well.
Right now we have a car. I feel really really spoiled to be honest. It's not very hard work right now. haha--we always have people to teach and stuff...we have a car...we have a nice apt. on the BEACH i mean...like wow. Didn't think they needed to treat us that good. But we'll see. The Spanish branch was very cool. It's hard for my to pay attention though the whole time. Trying to discern and comprehend what everyone says for 3 hours is exhausting. Especially when it's not your first language.
I've been showing everyone magic. I'm famous. haha. Supposedly it's got around. Yesterday at zone conference even the president knew I do magic. He asked me if I could make my companion disappear, 'cause he was talking a lot. Then I snapped my fingers, and said, "Sleep!" It was funny.
But yeah, President Donaldson and his wife are awesome. They have a very strong spirit and knowledge of the gospel. Also a desire to keep learning. That's so important. This mission is truly unique. I know every mission says that. But here, they're experimenting and testing, and filming us. Researching and stuff really, to see what to do for future missionaries. The directors of missionary work were at zone conference yesterday. They both spoke @ the MTC. They have a lot of responsibility in the church, so that was cool to shake they're hands. Even Bro. Allen knew I did magic. anyways. I'll try to make my letters more spiritual next time. it's just everything is so new. and so much is going on. i want to share that stuff with you too. Keep me in your prayers and say hi to everyone.
Yeah---the new Institute director--or teacher guy and his wife---who will be teaching institute @ UNC and Duke---i met him in the MTC bookstore. Cause i had this UNC soccer shirt on. He seems pretty cool. And i told him the singles ward over there is da beeeeeeest. 'Cause it is. ok i gtg!! ahhh!! no time ugh. Love, Elder Lewis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YAY! Ben is getting to use his Spanish...I just knew this would happen. Thanks for the update. Sounds like he is doing so well and loving mission life :)
ReplyDelete