It’s not hot yet here in the desert. Pretty nice weather. It rained the whole day yesterday. Crazy! Yea summer is going to be rough. But eh, I’ll deal with it. Gonna have to buy a camel pack. People are really friendly out here though. And a lot better well off. Rich people are out here. Well---lots of nice houses. If these houses were in San Diego they'd be multi-million dollar houses. I remember staying in Palm Desert when we were moving from PR. Super hot. Will and I went swimming but, you couldn't walk on the pavement without burning your feet like crazy.
That's crazy that Jordan [Murray] was here. Dang! Missed him. O well.
North of Brawley is the Salton Sea--haven’t been there. But "new river" is like super super super nasty. If you go in it, you'll die. That's what I’m told. It's super contaminated 'cause it comes up from Mexico. And there's some factory that maybe their stuff is getting dumped into it? Anyways it's contaminated. Like poison river.
I'm really happy I decided to serve a mission. I'll never regret it. I'm having a blast. Spanish is going to change my life. Pres. Donaldson said,"I’m sorry, but you have to learn Spanish. You have to." He said "the Lord...has things, big plans for me." Hmm.
So yea, I’m practically fluent I guess. But I misunderstand a lot. Sometimes I guess. Lots of words I don't know. I'd learn it a lot better if I was in a foreign country. I bore my testimony in Spanish at church yesterday. I gave a talk in my last branch remember?!
Yea, estoy haciendo mi mejor esfuerzo. Es la única cosa que pueda hacer. El resto es en las manos de dios. Y también la gente. Cada uno tiene su propio albedrio. Me hace triste cuando nos rechacen. Pero, ya, tuvieron su oportunidad. Cada uno tiene su propio tiempo también. Pero, las bendiciones están aquí en la tierra. Todo está bien acá en Brawley. Vamos a ir al templo mañana. Voy a poder a recoger una bicicleta y mi correo también. Oh! y el paquete! yay! Oren por mí, mi compañero, y los miembros aquí. Saludos a todos. Adiós
Bye- Elder Lewis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment