Friday, March 5, 2010

I got transferred

I got transferred out to the Desert. ugh. It was super hard to leave my last area. Super hard. I was there for more than half a year.

I entered the mtc Aug. 12th. I'm scheduled to come home August 16th 2011. lol don't worry mom. Ordinary missionaries count time. Extraordinary missionaries make time count. Idk how long I’ve been out. Ik it's more than 6th months. This is my 5th transfer. 1 transfer is 6 weeks. so I was in La Rama Rio Otay for 24 weeks.

But yea I’m out in Brawley, CA

El Desierto!!! tan caliente aca. My Spanish is tight. I'm practically leading the area again. We're opening a new Spanish branch!!! Big responsibility. Cause they tried like 10 years ago and it failed. It's not going to fail this time. At least I’m gonna work my butt off to get as many people there as a can.

I left a lot of investigators back in my old area. I was really worried for them. Like 4 people who had the potential to be baptized. I'm going to try and keep in touch with them. There is a ton of work to do here. It was kinds disappointing when I got here. Cause some missionaries don't try hard, or work to their potential.

I really think a lot back to my coaches, teachers, and you and dad. I learned hard work. Lots of kids didn't. I know I complained and stuff like all the time. But I’m over that. I like what Evelyn says "you get out, what you put in." Also what Jack Reid said my crazy, insane bball coach haha. "Many people want to achieve excellence, but aren't willing to do what it takes to achieve it." Don't just be sayers of the word, be doers. Show faith BY your works. Sometimes we get too caught up in our dreams. That we never wake up from them, and do them lol.

Well, I don't really have much to say. I'm just really anxious right now. There's so much to do. I love it here on the mission. I love Spanish. I love Mexicans. I'm learning Mexican haha. It's gonna be great.

Bueno, gracias mama, por todo lo que has hecho por mí y la familia. Creo que tú eres la piedra clave de nuestra familia. Recuerdo cuando tenías cáncer. Todos dijeron que eras una mujer tan fuerte. Y que tú perseveraste en una manera asombroso. Gracias por siendo fiel en la iglesia. Y asegurando que yo fui también a la iglesia. Gracias por todas las cosas que me has ensenado. Ya estoy bendiciendo otros, de lo que me ensenaste. Saludos a todos. Todo está bien aquí, no te preocupes sobre yo. Todo, todo, está bien. Oren por los miembros aquí, también mis investigadores. Oren por mi compañero. Que él pueda aprender español.

Te amo mucho mama, adiós

No comments:

Post a Comment