Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ok, so I’ve had 2 companions since Oct. Well, Elder Yarldey, who was waiting for his visa, finally got shipped off. He was with us almost 3 months. He has to go to Idaho and have some kind of interview for his visa idk...then hopefully he'll be in Mexico tomorrow.

I'm still with Elder Araujo. We've been together 4 transfers and I trained him. So that's nuts. That almost never happens. 5 1/2 months. Chances are I’m getting transferred next transfer. It's the 19th.

A couple weeks ago this happened.

We were biking. Going east on b street. We had just crossed the tracks and this car pulls up and parks in front of us on the road. They open the door and I almost run into it. I swerve by and keep biking, cause we had somewhere to be. I turn the corner and keep going, and pretty fast. Then I here Elder Yarldey say "hey wait!" I see Elder Yarldey, but not Elder Araujo. I thought he might have fallen or something happened. I bike back quickly; he was fine, just on the other side of the corner. Turns out it was a women and she liked yelled for us. Elder Araujo waited for me to get there, cause he doesn’t speak good English and she was speaking English at the time. Also, he thought she just wanted to yell at him. I get there and it turns out she this woman... well to make a long story short she wants to be baptized.

She came to church this Sunday and I think she enjoyed it. She's going to get baptized on the 16th. Her name is Patricia Estrada.

Also, another recent convert. Gilbert Gonzalez. He's on fire!! He's so awesome. So prepared. He's progressing soo much in the gospel. However, someone busted his car window and sprayed a ton of oil, like car oil into his car and all over everything in his car. They didn't steal anything; it was just an act of hate pretty much. Messed Up. Who knows who did it?

But he used to go to a church called Victory Outreach. Pretty much just re-hab church. and ex-cons or w/e. Anyways, after he got baptized and also before...he got antied soooooooo much. Like crazy. It's so frustrating and annoying how much bad and evil lies people make down here about Mormons. Literally, church pastors have anti-Mormon class in their churches. I bet it's like that down south too. But it really gets on my nerves. They do it allllll behind the missionaries back too. I haven’t had a single person try and bash with me. Anyways, after his baptism they kept on giving him anti material. We've had to teach him about our potential to become gods....polygamy....the mountain meadow massacre....evvverything. He's seen it all! And they don't phase him now. He's heard everything, and gotten over it all. His testimony is soo strong now.

Anyways, take care. I got the pictures and the video and stuff in the mail. Thanks!!! I haven’t watched the video yet, but I saw the pictures. Awesome thank you! :)

Love Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment