Sunday, June 5, 2011

How can I know that I’ve been a successful missionary?

This next month we're getting more movies. As in new Preach My Gospel movies from more footage that they filmed here. Maybe I’ll be in those ones. haha again. Also, they're going to do like a 12 episode series on BYU TV from all the footage. It's gonnna be sooo sweeet.

It's pretty crazy because a lot of people are going home. One sister from my district is on a plane right now. Its crazy how time flies. And you can't go back! This is it! so that's why it makes me sad seeing disobedient missionaries and stuff like that. Not that I’m perfect. I guess it mainly just all comes down to you. In preach my gospel it asks "' then it says by your commitment to your purpose. To invite others to come unto Christ through faith, repentance, baptism, etc.

It all comes down to our effort. If we know we're doing the best we can...then great! nothing’s wrong. But to see others not do that it's kinda a bummer. At the end of the day we should ask ourselves if we fulfilled our purpose to the best we could've. Did we help these people grow their faith, desire to repent and make covenants? And after that we should ask ourselves the same thing. Did our faith grow? our desire to repent? did our diligence and honor to our covenants increase?

Good things are happening in our area, This is a good ward. Huuuuge burden and responsibility on the bishop. I really feel for him and I’m trying to help him.

The gospel is true! it's the only way to find lasting happiness in this life and eternal life in the life to come.
Love, Elder Lewis

1 comment: