Hey Mom and Everybody,
Yeah, I thought I knew Elder Leavitt [from Las Vegas] was going to be [at the MTC]. I didn't really think about it though. He was there for one week I was there. He's serving in Everett, Washington mission I think. It was pretty cool to see him. I also met a couple kids there who were going to the Raleigh NC mission. I met them in the lunch line once at the MTC. I didn't meet anyone going to NY though--wait, just a couple girls who were going to Palmyra and stuff. I also met a couple Elders who were going to Puerto Rico. I told ‘em they'll love it there.
I see a lot of Puerto Rico and Filipino flags here on people's car mirrors. Most of the people here are Mexican. I don't see many African Americans; every once in a while. Lots and lots of Mexicans. And they're ALL from Tijuana. Everyone goes to Tijuana on the weekends. So...Saturdays really stink. NO one is ever home. " oh they went to T-J" we get that all the time. It's a big hindrance, because people go to Tijuana instead of coming to church.
We had a baptism last week. Trinidad Marin. I'll send some pics home eventually, hopefully next Monday, ‘cause I forgot my camera. It was real good.
Estamos ensenando una familia, se llama familia Chaidez. Son dos hermanas viviendo juntos. Son divorciado. Pero, sus hijos viven con ellas. Sus hijos y hijas son muy obediente. Y eschuchan a cada palabra que dicimos. Son muy joven, pero encantan iglesia. Especialmente la primaria y cantar. El mas mayor hijo, se llama Julio, tiene, creo que el tiene 16 o 17 anos. El es amigos con dos de los juventudes de nuestro rama. Vamos a jugar "pool" con ellos a las 5 hoy. Pienso que ellos se gustan la iglesia. Pero, no se si estan dispuestos a dejar algunas cosas y sacrificar su tiempo por la iglesia. Y dejar Tijuana en los Domingos jaja. Pues, vamos a sigiur adelante con ellos de todas maneras
The area we are in is pretty big. It takes like 20 min. to get from one end to the other. But if you wanna google it--it goes from the ocean east to Beyer blvd and dairy mart road, down to the border. And north our boundaries end at like a little north of Palm St. yeah...
I haven’t gotten the mail yet here today. But I hope I get your packages today! whooo!
te quiero mucho mama adios
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment