Hey!
We have two baptisms lined up for the 22nd. They're awesome. We had 5 investigators at church Sunday! Like wow ik.
I just bought like 300 note cards and filled 'em out with words I don't know. I already know like more than half of ‘em. I think I’m gonna keep doin that. It really helps build my vocab.
Right now I’m having a hard time learning like how to use reflexive verbs. Like se, te, nos all that junk. But it is coming. The note cards really help though, I’m gonna keep doin that. Then, with the ones I’ve learned. I'm gonna send ‘em to my buddies here who don't know as much Spanish yet here.
We played bball on the beach this morning. Uberawesome. They took the volleyball nets down :-/ 'cause the tide is coming up really close. O well.
There’s always too much to do on P-days. I don't like it. Someday I just want to relax and be lazy on a p-day. Oh well. I never take naps. I'm not a nap person. My comp takes naps sometimes, every p-day he does. I can't. I feel like I’m wasting my time. So I’m always the only one awake sometimes, reading, or studying or writing letters.
Thanks for the I-pod. I've been using it a lot. There are a ton of songs I want on it though. From other elder's cd's. O well, I think I’ll just try and burn those cd's. --Like motab singing lion king and lord of the rings and stuff like that. "Oklahoma" by motab is an awesome song. I never watched the movie. But that songs pretty cool.
That football game sounds awesome. I remember when Dad and I went to one. But it got thundered-out. Everyone wears Carolina blue. The whole stadium is light blue. I'm wearin' my NC soccer shirt that Brooke gave me right now.
Now that I look back on life and stuff, I'm glad for all I’ve been through and junk. Like Bro. Wayne Nier said: "kids these days aren't learning the meaning of hard work" it's so true. I think of him a lot. He's the man. Patrick Mitchell too. You know he got like a bunch of promotions right? And now he's a manager at that bank he works at across from Ithaca bakery. Remember doing food pantry? mmm.
Remember cutting down all those pine tree branches and dragging them everywhere and making huge piles of sticks and junk. I hated that. But, it made me stronger. Remember living in Grandma’s house for like a week, waking up @ like 7am, then going across to our house in NY--and just cleaning everything out of it? I'd never worked so much in my life up to then. We'd work from like sun up to sun down. Then we made it a pretty nice house.
Yeah this is a really long email. But I’m just writing my thoughts as they come.
I'm glad for all the hard coaches I had. Jack Reid was crazy ha-ha. We ran so much with him. He just yelled at us all the time ha-ha.
He said once: "I know I don't coach the best way, I don't even coach the right way, but I coach the way I coach." Then he also said once.
"These are the priorities is your life right now":
1st: Religion and Family, those went hand and hand
2nd: School, education
3rd: Basketball
4th: job
ha-ha he yelled so much. I didn't like him then. But I sure learned how to work my hardest and try my best and run as fast as a can. Ha-ha
all these experiences have sculpted me bit my bit. Looking back, yea I guess there were things I wish I would have, or hadn't of done. But I don't care about them anymore. I'm happy with who I am. They seem like "but a small moment" to me. All these experiences will be for my good, and if I endure them well. I’ll be exalted on high. It goes something like that in D&C 121.
People don't realize the effect they have on others. I really really looked up to my coaches. And most of my teachers. Especially you, mom, dad, and Evelyn. I hope people have looked up to me. Especially as a member of the church before and now a missionary.
Anyways this is a humongous email. I jabbered a lot. I'm pretty hyper right now. From running around on the sunny beach. :-p ha-ha.
Love Elder Lewis
bye
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Way to go, Elder Lewis! Sounds like you're doing well.
ReplyDelete