Hey all,
I met a Puerto Rican at church today. He's from Vieques. Cool huh. He was in the Marines. So like half his family likes the army and stuff, and the other half don’t. haha. 'Cause of the bombing and the protest and stuff of Vieques. Also, some of his family live on Culebra! He was pretty cool. We joked around a bit. I've been in this area...since Sep. 2nd or so. Sep 2nd was my first real day I think. This is my 2nd transfer here. One transfer is 6 weeks. Transfer meeting is on the 24th I think. So in like a few days we'll see if I’m staying here or not. I think I’m staying here. However, because people here like to gossip and junk--we might be losing our car. So....I might need some $$$$$$$$$ for a bike. I'll let you know though. K? Cross your fingers I don't. Ha-ha, although it'd be fun. But our area would kinda stink---because we'd have everything west of Beyer Blvd. to the beach...which is mostly all English...hmm, idk… all rumors. I don't like gossipers. But my companion is a gossiper. lol---transfers, who's gonna be assistants to the pres., zone leaders, district leaders, trainers---people try and find out what’s going to happen b4 they're supposed to know. Kinda annoying. But...yeah.
Brother Allan and Brother Watson were at our church Saturday for a baptism. They are the big dogs in the church---in terms of missionary work. Look 'em up ha-ha. They are literally the head of missionary work in the whole world. They’re pretty cool guys though.
The cameras leave tomorrow!! :( I'm def in the film ha-ha I hope. We were filmed a lot. But we aren’t the main characters or anything. :-s it's nerve-racking having a camera in your face. The movie is gonna be really really cool though.
You should see if you can buy it. The old one that is. If you want to see what missionary work is like. Will can tell you about it. It's pretty cool. The last one was really good.
Thanks for the encouragement mom. That’s what we really need to do. Sometimes we forget and just start teaching and junk. But we have to think, "What are this person's needs?" and teach and stuff to their needs. It says in my Patriarchal blessing that "I will be a great teacher" something like that.
I'm trying. But it'd help if I knew Spanish. Ha-ha, I’m getting better every day. I've re-doubled my efforts. ‘Cause I was kinda lax with it b4.
Thanks for the story mom. Keep them coming. I'll send some too. Those are really nice. Plus, I’ll be able to use them in lessons. Cause, I don't have a testimony or experience about everything.
Love Elder Lewis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment