Sunday, January 17, 2010

Big News

It's been super warm here. Like 70's all this week. There were people even swimming in the ocean. There are always surfers. But they have wet suits. But yea, it's been real warm.

Big news. I didn't get transferred. But I feel pretty overwhelmed with what did happen. I'm leading the area I’m at now. But to boot...my companion just got switched over to Spanish speaking. I've been out 1 transfer longer than him. But he got switched from English to Spanish on Wednesday. So......yeah. I'm way way way out of my comfort zone. It's gonna be real hard. 'Cause I have to do everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. Like he doesn’t speak a lick of Spanish. But he's learning. He's studying all the time. Pray for me. 'Cause I’m going to need it. I'm practically training. My Spanish is gonna get a lot better from this experience now though. Cause I HAVE to speak. It's hard right now, real hard. But---this is where I really get to show what I’m made of. Whether I’m gonna buckle and give up, or whether I’m gonna bite my lip and go forward. Ya know? I'm thankful for all my coaches through high school. Cause they were teaching me how to be successful in life too. When the goin’ gets tough, the tough get goin’. I'm trying to do that. But it's one thing to say it. A completely different thing to do it.

I gave a talk in sacrament meeting yesterday! I'm really just getting thrown out there in the middle of it all. Ha-ha. No but it went well I think. I made everyone laugh a few times. I introduced myself and stuff, then I was like "y NO soy de Utah" ha-ha, everyone laughed. It was good though I thought, everyone was impressed. But I think I was the most impressed. It was like 8 min. long or so idk.

That's fantastic that the laptop is working. I was so mad at myself and disappointed about that. That's really a blessing. I'm really happy it works :) The fan has always been noisy. That's really gonna help Will.

I love you and Dad and Will and Evelyn very much.

Keep praying for me as I pray for all of you,

'Cause I’m pretty stressed right now ha-ha---this is where I become fluent. Right now. :) Nothing good comes easy though.
Love,
Elder Ben Lewis

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new responsibilities Ben. Ur lookin good dude, keep it real and i think you'll handle the stress well. Peace be unto you brother, hah.
    -Travis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Mable sent this email:
    I am really enjoying Ben's blog. My but he is handsome. Sounds happy.
    Mabe

    ReplyDelete