Sunday, September 12, 2010

Back in Brawley!

Hey Everyone,

Yea I got sent back to my last area. Pretty cool huh? I'm training again. His name is Elder Araujo. He's from Culiacan,Sinaloa, Mexico. He doesn't speak much English at all. So it's pretty cool speaking Spanish all the time. And he understands everyone perfect. I'm learning lots of new words.

I hit my year mark a few days ago I think. Crazy huh? Now I'm more than half way through. It's all down hill from here. In terms of how fast it's gonna go. But things are only gonna get better.

It's hot. duh. But it's OK I guess. I'm on bike in the exact same area as before. The bike I bought is sweet. It cruises.

We taught a lot of lessons last week. More than I have in a while. It was bittersweet coming back. Well, the only bitter thing was heat. My 1st day it was like 115ish. It went down the next week a lot. But now it's going back up. They're having a mild summer this summer. So that's nice.

I have a feeling I'll be out here in the desert for a while. The work out here in harder, but the members are awesome. Even though there are few.

Last week was crazy. We were going to the "mud caves." We drove like a loong ways out in the desert. Then there was a border patrol stop. And they almost took my companion. 'Cause he's not a native. But everything turned out OK then. But we went to park the car to wait for the rest of the missionaries. Because there was a Mexican in every car. Except when we parked the car, it didn't start up again. To make a long story short, we waited there from 12-7ish waiting for a tow. We were lucky though. Cause it wasn't really hot that day. Plus it was windy.

So that's why I didn't get to email that week.

We are teaching a lot of people here. I'll tell you about them later. I'm gonna go play some soccer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment