Sunday, December 26, 2010

The mission in just flying by

11/2/20
Things are good in Brawley. The weather is beautiful. It's sooo nice out here. Yesterday was a little hot. Like 87ish. But as of late it's been really really nice. We've been teaching this guy named Jerry Trujillo. He's going to get baptized this week or the next. He's had a rough life, but has changed completely. He used to be all up on drugs. Especially meth. There's a lot of drugs here in Brawley. A lot crazy people haha. You see them on the streets a lot. We keep finding more and more people to teach. Which is awesome.

When I was here before we were having a hard time. It was hard work. Not a lot of stuff was happening. But now like idk... 3-5 months later...there's a ton of stuff happening. The missionaries who come in after us are going to have a ton of people to teach. Our teaching pool is like 15 people at least. It might be up in the 20's. Which is really good compared to what I’ve had in the past.

My Spanish keeps getting better. I'm still with Elder Araujo and Elder Yardley. We're getting along fine. This is my 3rd transfer with Elder Araujo. So who knows what’s going to happen after this transfer. 3 transfers is a long time together for a companionship. However, I think he'll stay and I’ll go. Because I’ve been in Brawley 3 transfers before. So now it's a total of 6. ----4 Transfers in Imperial Beach/ San Ysidro, 3 transfer in Brawley, 1 in El Cajon, 3 in Brawley.

The mission in just flying by. It's almost Christmas. :-0

Halloween was fun. We weren’t allowed to be out on the streets. We went to the Branch president’s house and watched some church movies. That was a nice little break and time to relax. It was nice.

Well. It's just the same ol' same ol' I guess. I'm having a great time here. Its soooo nice and soooo much easier to work now that it's not 115 degrees out. It's actually easy to go out and bike and such. I don't get thirsty. I'm not completely soaked from sweat and dying from the heat. It's really really good weather :)

I love you all and pray for you all every day.

btw. How’d the pmg videos go with the missionaries? Did you see me?

Lover Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment