11/16/20
It's nice here now. However it got kinda hot yesterday. It might have been in the 80's or 90's
it's getting really nice though. :)
I'm a stinker when it comes to writing people back nowadays. At first I was good. But not I’m kinda unorganized and don't remember where I put my letters and what not. I'm always busy. The missionary schedule takes up all of you time.
Saturday I got to go back to San Diego! whooo! We went to the temple with a recent convert, Gilbert Gonzalez. He's the man. He used to go to Victory Outreach church. Anyways he's on fire. We went and did baptisms for the dead. Also an active, but less involved family went to the temple for the first time with us. That's awesome; 'cause they hadn't been to the temple in the 6 years they have been members.
Anyways we went to the temple. It was way cool. Since I haven’t been to the temple since...ummm..March!! Yea long time. We could go to the celestial room and all. You just have to do an ordinance of any kind, and you can go to the celestial room. It's way cool.
Gilbert, after doing the baptisms was pretty emotional. He said to one of my companions in the locker-room: "I just saved 10 lives". Pretty cool
Then we went to the Mormon Battalion. We watched the Joseph Smith movie, Prophet of the Restoration. Awesome movie. Then we went through the tour there in the visitor’s center. That was an awesome day for us, but more for Gilbert. Our branch president, Pres. Raya took us and everything. He's awesome. He's a really good leader here, he does a lot for the people here.
They had "Cattle Call" here. I didn't really get to see any of it or anything. But it's a big deal here. Really big deal.
Love Elder Lewis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment